20 Predictions for the Apple iPad
In response to my article about the Apple iPad on Sunday, a reader posted this fantastic list of predictions on LinkedIn. Although, he prefers to remain anonymous, he agreed to let me post it here.
Here’s the list. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- It will make you want one.
- It will be missing something “essential”
- It will have at least one really surprising feature
- It will single handedly re-monetize a waning industry
- It will be Time Magazine’s device of the year
- It will have a long battery life.
- It will standardize at least one new technology
- Steve Ballmer will say it’s too expensive and too limiting
- Companies will start playing catch-up. Their products will be deemed “iTable/iSlate” killers.
- All other products will be compared to it in reviews.
- At least one major critic will hate it on principle alone, then he’ll actually try it for a week and then it will become his main machine and he will write a story on his transition.
- People will sarcastically say it does everything including making you coffee. This will somehow never get old.
- At least one company will make an absolutely ridiculous and useless peripheral for it.
- A group of people will say they’re waiting until it has x feature before they buy it. It will get x feature and they will still not buy it.
- Almost all cases for the device will be expensive.
- It will somehow be used in the military.
- You’ll eventually get over it’s name..
- Analysts will claim that it bridges the iPhone to Mac group, thus helping the ‘halo’ effect, without any evidence.
- Early adopters will be heart-broken when v2 of the product comes out.
- People will say Apple did an upgrade of the device too quickly. Steve Jobs will say get over it
Let me know what you think.